How’s your week been? And how’s gearing up for Thanksgiving going?
All’s good around here. Never a dull moment and plenty of laughter and what in the world peek-a-boos!
Another fabulous line-up today beginning with Stephanie’s Chic on the Cheap.
Gotta love the cool versatile look this one little faux-fur bomber style jacket offers. Once again (!) Steph keeps us in the know and shares with us her insider tips on how to dress to impress. Thanks, Steph!
The QUICK QUESTION has my mind thinking of several answers. I’ll just stand with what my Grandpa used to say, “If you can’t say anything nice — don’t say anything at all.”
EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE is a hoot. I can totally relate to the majority of 1-25. Having been an employer and also running large crews in the film industry for 20+ years, I conclude that people and personalities are not cookie cutter. The peculiar quirks, triggers, strengths, weaknesses that live in us all is fascinating. And then to throw a bunch together to work as a “unit” is a Rest of The Story sort of thing.
Often times, I’d think that if this wasn’t so shake my head humorous, it would’ve been painful. However, humor almost always won!
SMOTHERED CABBAGE recipe is awesome. I’m a giant fan of sauteed cabbage and sauteed fresh spinach.
Always blows me away how SO MUCH of these fresh veggies – when sauteed – cook down to a little-bitty-tiny bit in comparison to how it all started out bursting over the edges of the pan.
I love how this recipe incorporates chicken broth to help with the saute process, instead of just butter, butter, butter. And throwing in potatoes! Hello awesomeness.
Thanks all so much for sliding by today and giving us a read and sharing your thoughts. Grateful.
CHIC ON THE CHEAP
FUN WITH FUR
Last week I talked about the versatility of the faux leather SPANX leggings. This week, I’m gonna share my thoughts on the versatility of a bomber jacket style/cut faux fur jacket.
The traditional bomber jacket with its distinctive style — is generally worn casually. However, this faux fur style/cut bomber jacket I write about today can also be worn with dressier clothes.
Little fur jackets are really HOT this year!
I found this jacket at Kohl’s last week while I was doing some early Christmas shopping with my mom. Not expecting to shop for myself – I came across this great little fur jacket made by 9 West. Which, by the way, is a brand I love!
((If you sign up for a Kohl’s credit card Kohl’s will mail to you 20% – 30% coupons off your entire purchase! Every few months. Great Deal!))
This jacket’s price tag was $100. However, with the discount they’d already put on this jacket AND my coupon, I was able to get it for under $50!
Kohl’s is really great about discounting their clothing and when you have your coupon on top of that — WHOA!
Below I show 2 pics of me in the little fur jacket:
Laid back look with jeans and boots.
A dressier look with velvet slacks, heels and a fancy silver belt.
And I also include a pic of a similar jacket I saw at Walmart … Yes, Walmart for only $19.99.
I have seen many of these little fur jackets at different stores recently and have noticed that some have a collar and some have a hood.
PRO TIP: I think just the jacket with a collar is way more versatile. Hoods on a jacket are more of a locked-in casual look and not as versatile as a jacket with a simple collar. I personally would not wear a hooded jacket with a dressy outfit. My opinion.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!
~ Stephanie’s Chic on the Cheap column is exclusive to Daymaker Readable Art. Send any questions to her via Comments at the end of this episode.
WHEN DOES SILENCE CONVEY MORE THAN WORDS?
These are actual quotes taken from employee job performance evaluations.
- “Since my last report, this employee has reached rock-bottom and has started to dig.”
- “He’s been working with glue too much.”
- “This employee is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definite won’t be.”
- “Works well under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap.”
- “When she opens her mouth, it seems that is only to change feet.”
- “This young lady has delusions of adequacy.”
- “He sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.”
- “This employee is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.”
- “This employee should go far, and the sooner he starts, the better.”
- “Got a full 6-pack, but lacks the plastic thingy to hold it all together.”
- “A gross ignoramus — 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus.”
- “He doesn’t have ulcers, but he’s a carrier.”
- “She has taken all aspects of her job to previously unexplored levels of space.”
- “He would argue with a signpost.”
- “He brings joy whenever he leaves the room.”
- “When his IQ reaches 50, he should sell.”
- “If you see two people talking and one looks bored, he’s the other one.”
- “Donated his brain to science before he was done using it.”
- “Gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn’t coming.”
- “He’s got two brain cells, one is lost and the other is out looking for it.”
- “If you were to give him a penny for his thoughts, you’d get change.”
- “If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean.”
- “Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; he only gargled.”
- “Takes him 2 hours to watch ’60-minutes’.”
- “The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.”
~ Courtesy and with permission poeticexpressions.co.uk
Thanks Mike and the Team!
SMOTHERED CABBAGE + POTATOES
~ Humble ingredients that are super satisfying.
- 1/2 stick of butter, cut in slices
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 large head green cabbage (about 3 pounds), cored and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into-1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Melt butter in soup pot (Dutch oven) over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 4 – 5 minutes. Stir in cabbage pieces, broth, potatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and let simmer until cabbage is wilted and potatoes are fork tender — about 12 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Increase heat to medium-high, uncover, and cook until liquid has nearly evaporated — about 15 minutes (maybe a few minutes less) gently stirring with wooden spoon.
Serve As a Side With Your Favorite Meat Or In a Bowl All By Itself!
~ Hippie Cowboy recipe box