HELLO HAPPY READERS!
FROM CHERYL CLARSON
September has arrived – hooray!
It’s still hot during the day – but this morning it was 71*. I popped open doors and windows for about an hour until temps climbed quickly back in the 90s.
Ahhhhh – fresh air! While it lasted. More 70s to come – now that it’s September!
PICTURE LINE UP:
Humming bird feeder – I’ve been watching the little humming birds from my kitchen window. So.Much.Fun. They are totally enjoying the red nectar. And when one finishes – off it goes – and another comes in. Then, there’s the part where they like to chase one another to see who’s fastest to get back to the feeder. Joy!
Flowering maple plant – stunning. At my mom’s in her garden room.
This is how my mom does it – protecting her little flowering plants from the hot sun. Umbrellas for all !!
Oxymoron sighting on a walk …
Sanitary/Sewer – HA
QUICK QUESTION is a good one. I have no idea my answer to the question – just yet. Still pondering. Might you?
THROUGH THE EYES of kiddos – spot on – can’t get enough of reading the answers. So special.
The 5 songs are super beautiful. Hopefully, you have a tiny window to give it a listen.
As always – so grateful for your time and thoughts and love.
IF YOU WERE GUARANTEED THE ANSWER TO ONE QUESTION, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
THROUGH THE EYES OF KIDDOS
- When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my garden.
Kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.
- When I see an old desolate man and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who wants money and I look away.
Kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.
- When I hear music I love, I know I can’t carry a tune and don’t have much rhythm, so I sit self-consciously and listen.
Kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don’t know them, they make up their own.
- When I feel wind on my face and brace against it. I feel it is messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
Kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it until they finally fall to the ground laughing.
- When I pray, I say “thee” and “thou” and “grant me this, please give me that.”
Kids say, “Hi, God. Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry I don’t want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mom and Dad.”
One wonders, are we given children to teach or to learn from? Or just maybe it’s a two way journey through life …
~ Originally inspired by poetic expressions