HEART, ARTS, LAUGHS AND INSPIRATION
Howdy, friends –
How was your weekend?
I collected these fine 10 for today:
Exceptional winners of the 2023 nature photo awards took me back (for several reasons) –
remembering as a kid, when my family gathered around the television set (channel 8. We had two channels – channel 8 and channel 2. We’re talking WAY before cable) to watch Marlin Perkins for his half hour broadcast on Sunday evenings – WILD KINGDOM – Mutual of Omaha.
Raise your hand if you remember that program. It was ahhh-some.
And – now as an adult – thinking back – I kinda giggle – seemed like Marlin was always instructing his side-kick, Jim, to jump into a situation … as he narrated. ha-ha
Hello! Lone Ranger and Tonto!
The pics are incredible (how did these photographers capture that shot??) — I, personally, would advise thinking twice before looking at pic #5 – kinda made me sad.
However, it is the WILD KINGDOM and nature is nature. As they say.
Next one – the enormous aquarium wave … apparently we wouldn’t hear any water sloshing around because it’s actually a massive anamorphic illusion. JUST WOW!
I LOVE the old soul personality read – I proudly claim many of the traits. You?
ALL OF THE FANTASTIC recipes today celebrate the Zucchini – thriver in the garden this time of year. I’m on it!
TRIED AND TRUE BEAUTY tips! Ha I personally found the “waking up your face” both amusing – and kinda sorta made sense. BRRR!
Candid Camera Classic is H*I*L*A*R*I*O*U*S – a must watch!
Thanks for joining us today. Grateful. Enjoy the read!
- Exceptional Winners of 2023 nature photo awards
- A massive wave crashes in a Seoul Aquarium – over and over again.
- 16 habits of people with an old soul personality
- RECIPE ! Zucchini, Blueberry muffins with oat and almond streusel
- Garlic Butter Zucchini Boat Bolognese recipe (!)
- Zucchini Rice Gratin – OMG
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread – there’s zucchini bread and then there’s THIS zucchini bread
- Check out the brilliant creative artists who customized thrift- store finds. So. FUN Unloved, discarded pieces get a second time around !! Love it
- Old School Southern Beauty tricks that still work
- CANDID CAMERA CLASSIC – this is a beauty, pet owners!
… SOUNDS LIKE
is the naming of a thing or action by a vocal imitation of the sound associated with it.
SCREECH. Parrots screech. Irate women screech. Unhappy machines and furniture screech.
TICK-TOCK. An almost universal sound for what a clock makes.
MOO. To a surprising degree, animals speak differently in every language. So don’t expect the French to know what Bow-Wow means or even a Purr. But cows, it turns out, do moo in much of the world.
VROOM. This word reportedly did not appear until 1965. Not only that, it was invented by children as they played with their toy cars — vroom vroom.
CLICK. High heels click on hard surfaced floors. Clicking on a light switch. Something clicked, like a lock or an idea.
Genius Onomatopoeia in advertising:
Plop plop fizz fizz (Alka Seltzer)
Snap, Crackle, Pop (Rice Krispies cereal)
Slurpee (7-11 frozen delish)
~ collected by Peter Clarson