TOP OF THE MORNING | JULY 10
Monday – Monday — have you heard or possibly remember the big hit song from back in the late 60’s by The Mamas and The Papas (( seriously fun-cool-catchy band name, right?!)) Click ** here ** to give it a listen this wondrous Monday morning.
How was your weekend? Good here.
So enjoyed reading the Comments from 5 for Friday episode!
What spice would you be?
Good Ol’ Days.
Thanks to all who jumped in and made it super fun with your great Comments!
Collected this dozen of entertainment + inspiration + food for thought for this fine Monday, July 10. It’s almost half way through July! Can it be? ** ‘Tis so **
My personal favorite is #12 – Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines.
I can do a lot of things – but I can’t sing (save in the shower or in the car by myself) or dance. Can’t dance in the shower, though. Ha!
My niece, Kaylyn, can dance like no other I know.
Graceful, beautiful, extraordinary polished dancer. I’ve seen a number of her performances.
Stunning – breathtaking. My 2 words.
I’m absolutely positive nobody in our family can carry a tune – we wanna – just isn’t one of our gifts as an entire family unit. People would pay us NOT to sing – but when we sing, we’re at a church gathering singing with everyone else. No judgement. ha!
Click and enjoy the 12 for today.
Thanks for sliding by and giving us a piece of your time on this Monday, Monday … I’ve got the song rolling around in my head. A little extra pep- to- my- step!
- Got poison ivy growing on your property? – ya know “leaves of 3 let them be” – Homemade poison ivy remedies that work. Tuck these into your “I got this” box!
- Round or pointed or button or large – talking about the shape of our noses – this is interesting …
- Tired of “tipflation”? Etiquette expert tells us when it’s cool not to feel obliged to tip…
- Recipe (!) Portobello mushroom mini – “pizzas”
- Recipe ( ! ) Roasted beets! I love beets – especially when I roast them. This is a great recipe. Store them in the fridge for all week long!
- Shrimp tacos! – or as many people prefer to call “shrimp” – prawns – count me IN!!
- And this one! A breakfast bundt cake recipe (( hello! super innovative idea )) which can be tailored from our favorite omelette at a morning diner restaurant. What?? I’m thinking Denver omelette – but the sky’s the limit!
- Got bees? They are super helpful heroes and are beneficial to our properties — and this is how they do their thing — check this out – watching the elders! Take note! We should all take notes from our elders …
- Our fingers. Who knew? Now we do
- Signs you have a playful personality
- Hydrogen Peroxide – greatness in a brown plastic bottle -so many things you’re good for!! I love these tips
- AWE-MAZING talent in action – I could watch this 10 more times – today
THE CLEANING LADY
During my second month of college, our professor gave us a pop quiz. I was a very conscientious student and had breezed through the questions until I read the last one:
What is the name of the woman who cleans our school?
Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50’s, but how would I know her name?
I handed in my paper, having left the last question blank. Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.
“Absolutely,” said our professor. “In your careers, you will meet people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say, ‘Hello.'”
I’ve never forgotten that lesson. I also learned that her name was Dorothy.
~ permission from Mike and the Team at www.poeticexpressions.co.uk