HAPPY ENTERTAINMENT + INSPIRATION + FOOD for Casual Living
H*E*L*L*O !! FRIENDS
Thanks for popping in today — grateful!
Brand new start of the week. What are you gonna do with yours?
I’m making my list of intentions and will tag it to the ‘fridge and check off tasks as I (hopefully — motivation stick with me, please – 🙂) accomplish.
Among them will be power washing deck and sidewalks ( oh joy — eye roll ). But it sure will look pretty and feel wonderful when it’s finished and in the rear view mirror.
The 12 chosen for today’s episode include:
- Veggie Lasagna. Ingredients, assembly and final product = out of this world “That’s Italian” – yummy.
- Refrigerator dill pickles? And there are 600+ over-the-moon comments to back up how amazing this quick and easy recipe delivers!
I, personally, am headed to the farmer’s market to buy some “pickling cucumbers” + fresh dill and gift myself with a jar or 2 – from the fruits of my quick and easy labor.
I LOVE dill pickles – especially GREAT ones.
90-year-old Grandma wisdom is rock star status.
Plunge pools? I’d trade my “nemesis” pool in for a plunge pool in the blink of an eye.
Or if I was Jeannie – from “I Dream of Jeannie” – fold my arms and do the head nod thing. Ha! If only.
Happy coincidences caught on camera brought me an ear to ear smile.
Bob Newhart monologue cracked me up! I laughed hard and long as I listened to it twice.
So funny. funny. funny. Gonna listen to it again.
Schulz Wisdom – I know I’ve posted this before … but so worthy of a repeat. So solid and spot on.
Here they are — Click. Read. Listen. Enjoy.
- Tallest buildings in the world – fascinating – and crazy all at once. I get vertigo just looking at them
- The Las Vegas mansion where Siegfried and Roy lived with lions and tigers – bet you’ve never seen anything like this – grandiose on steroids!
- happy coincidences caught on camera – totally.fun.
- Did ya know? Here kitty-kitty …
- 20 things this 90 year old grandma said to stop worrying about – this wise woman is a super hero! Take notes
- I LOVE this super cool concept! Plunge pools!
- Hello great ideas for additional uses of good ol’ hand sanitizer
- “Cousin” the obese Tree Frog finds permanent home and is losing weight – awwwww …
- Skillet veggie lasagna with white sauce recipe – How can this not be TDF?
- Quick ‘n Easy Refrigerator Dill Pickle Recipe – say What??
- Did I hear picnic? Check out this fab sandwich assembly to plan a picnic around!
- O-M-G (!!) This is sooooo funny. Bob Newhart – “Defusing a Bomb” (!!)
The following is the wisdom of Charles Schultz, creator of the beloved “PEANUTS” comic strip. It’s not a test, no need to write down the answers. Just read straight through and the message will find you.
- Name the 5 wealthiest people in the world.
- Name the last 5 Heisman Trophy winners.
- Name the last 5 winners crowned Miss America.
- Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
- Name the last half dozen of Academy Award winners for best actor or actress.
- Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
The point is, none of us recall the headliners of yesterday and they are the best in their fields. But the applause dies, awards tarnish and achievements are forgotten. Their accolades and certificates are buried with the owners…
See how you do on this one:
- List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name 3 friends who have helped you through a difficult time(s).
- Name 5 people who taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel special and appreciated.
- Think of 5 people you enjoy spending time with.
The real point is, the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with big-shot-credentials, the most money or the most awards. They’re the ones who care.
~ from my file folders of email threads