TOP OF THE MORNING | MAY 1
Hello May! Hello friends –
New month. New opportunities. New weather. New flowers. New menu ideas. New Boho Animal art piece by Spring Whitaker on my kitchen wall calendar – I adore this cool calendar – check it out –
here *** And some good ol’ desire for Spring cleaning. Feels so energizing.
Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was pleasant and chill. Got some tasks accomplished around my home that would be on the “Spring cleaning” list of – check – done!
Collected these fun 12 for today. Hard for me to choose a favorite. They’re all A+. Click and Enjoy.
Dear Annie’s column is totally worth a read as they always are. Even when the Q & A doesn’t hit me personally – I generally know of someone in my world who it would.
Happy May Day and thanks for popping in and giving us a read.
- Apparently May 1st has always kinda been a big deal
- 10 little tricks to be braver everyday – FIST PUMP!
- Might be time to rob our piggy banks for this super-cool- additional-piece of outdoor cooking equipment!
- All Aboard!! Stunning train journeys. Looks like super cool adventures for sure
- Did someone say Brunch? Hello Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole
- Pesto Potato Burrata Pizza – should we all decide to get the outdoor pizza oven … or not
- Blueberry-Orange Bundt Cake – Breakfast. Dessert. Snack attack greatness!
- Funky little road Trip on your mind for summer? Check out this guide to the most memorable roadside attractions – they look like a trip for sure!
- Top 10 Amazing Savants with real Super Powers . Wow. Just. Wow. Gotta see to appreciate. Blew me away with Awe + Happy.
- Got a cowboy hat? Thinking about getting one? Cowboy Hat Etiquette
- Movie Buff? Here’s a small list of some of the most expensive movie costumes from films you may remember
- H*I*L*A*R*I*O*U*S ((!)) Candid Camera Classic – Getting a ticket in your own driveway
BY ANNIE LANE
MY BOYFRIEND’S VACATION ARRANGEMENTS MAKE ME SEASICK
I read your column on a regular basis and completely agree with all of your advice.
I am 62, and my boyfriend is 60. Recently, he asked me to go on a cruise for several days and share a stateroom with his mother. I have never been on a cruise before, and they have. My emotional reaction was no.
I feel strange about sharing a room with them. His mother is wonderful, and I do love them both, yet the close quarters would cause me anxiety. Later, I encouraged him to go with only her and that I could stay back and take care of our pets. I also encouraged him to make the cruise a fun experience around Mother’s Day: a mother-and-son trip.
I believe I handled this well as everything would be new for me and filled with a slight tension. He took my words well and is looking into the arrangements, and I love him for that. I hope I did the right thing. ~ A Bit Too Close For Comfort
Dear Too Close For Comfort:
It sounds like you honored your gut, which is always the right thing to do. A family trip of this kind is a big event, but to then also share living quarters — and tight ones, at that — intensifies the situation. I don’t blame you for feeling apprehensive about it. It was likely the better and no doubt safer choice to let your boyfriend and his mother go on the trip alone than to attend when you weren’t fully on board and risk an uncomfortable, anxiety-induced trip for all. I’m sure there will be plenty of opportunities for you to take part in the fun in the future.
Perhaps you can plan a nice dinner for when they return and hear all the details of their vacation.
~ Send your questions for Annie Lane to email@example.com
COPYRIGHT 2023 CREATORS.COM