THANKSGIVING RECIPES – BEFORE AND AFTER IDEAS, SALUTE TO TEACHERS, OLD SOUL PERSONALITY?
Good Morning Monday! Presenting today’s gatherings of fun and interestings.
Beginning with :
DOG ESCAPES SHELTER AND CHOOSES HIS FOREVER HOME – 3 times – persistent little dude! It’s such a great, beautiful read. “Scout’s” gotta be a 4 legged angel — my opinion.
SIZE COMPARISON OF MODERN VEHICLES
Is super interesting. I didn’t realize the Space Shuttle was that huge!
OLD SOUL PERSONALITY?
I ticked most (not all) the boxes. I like the term “Old Soul” – gotta bit of magic and mischief to it. Right?
10 WORDS FREQUENTLY MISPRONOUNCED
I wish the author hadn’t used “idiot” in the title. Better way to say it. However, it’s a good-to-know list. I totally have been mispronouncing “OFTEN” all of my years. Guess I missed that lesson/day at school ha! From here forward I will never forget that the “T” is silent.
6 RECIPES – GREAT FINDS:
NO-FAIL EASY PIE CRUST
Had me at no-fail. I’ve never mastered a pie crust (although I sure wanted to). However, I am hands down gonna give this one a try. It’s a no-brainer that homemade pie crusts are superior to the grab-and-go offerings in the freezer or refrigerated section in our grocery stores – although they totally serve a giant help purpose. Hats off to Pillsbury and others for creating and making pie crusts affordable + accessible.
CRANBERRY CURD TART
Edible Masterpiece. Especially with the oatmeal cinnamon crust + brown sugar and cinnamon in the whipped cream. Totally IN!
MEXICAN SLOW COOKER CARNITAS and BORRACHO BEANS – translates to – PORK AND BEANS!
The whole pork and beans remembering thing *gag* (in a can) forever erased from my memory! Raising the bar big time!
These 2 recipes are super simple – and with a grand street taco flair – fix them and forget them as family and friends from outta town roll in the night before Thanksgiving.
Serve countertop style – Everyone grab a heavy paper plate (think Chinete) , tortilla shell(s), fill with Carnita filling, top with chopped white onions, minced cilantro, salsa and a scoop of Borracho beans on the side.
Next – grab a bottle of Cerveza from the fridge or ice chest, find a seat inside or out and enjoy visiting and laughing with the people who have all come together to celebrate Thanksgiving!
When finished – toss the plates in the garbage. Nobody on dish duty tonight – tomorrow absolutely – ha!
CHEESY MUSHROOM PUMPKIN DIP
Is not only delicious BUT an impressive presentation.
It’s so easy to make – and as everyone waits for the turkey to finish cooking and being sliced, sides finishing up and elegant table set and race-ready — people can gather ’round this memorable appetizer. As all chill and chat around the pumpkin filled with delish!
Bragging rights for sure!
Is outstanding + Frozen Monkey Bread = winners. And OJ. Sometimes Lisa (my sister) includes a bowl of fresh cut up fruit to go along with all. She’s quite the hostess with the mostest!
I have no idea where she finds her energy and happy spirit – save LOVE for all and to make the whole Thanksgiving family experience JOYFUL. She and Curtis, her husband, excel!
My sister prepares this combo on the Morning After Thanksgiving as family and friends are preparing to roll out to to home.
Once again – It’s counter top style with heavy paper plates and we all find a sit down spot to eat and visit.
When finished – we toss the paper plates in the garbage — nobody’s on dish duty the morning after – HA!
I LOVE the compilation of the 1970’s and 1980’s commercials. What I don’t necessarily love is that I remember them and they were a very long time ago. Makes me feel old. I’ll get over it. Ha!
Salute to Teachers/Educators. They sure do have a tough job. I’m pretty sure that I shared in a previous episode that my mom was a 1st grade teacher for many years AND she tutored adults reading. Amazing EDUCATOR.
My mom was a master teacher – not because she told us but because we saw her in action.
Mom also took her love and skills in teaching grandchildren and great-grandchildren to get them race-ready for school and set them up for SUCCESS.
Hat Tip, Mom, and to all the teachers out there working the teaching “shift.” Keep it up. Our future generations depend on ya.
Always, always, always – we are so grateful for your time + thoughts + sharing. We feel your love.
Ready? Set. Go.
Click and Enjoy!
- Dog Repeatedly Escapes Shelter and Seeks out His Forever Home
- Size Comparison of Modern Vehicles
- Do you have an Old Soul personality?
- 10 words that are frequently mispronounced – good to know
- RECIPE (!) No fail – Easy homemade pie crust
- RECIPE (!) Cranberry Curd Tart – absolutely looks like a piece of art
- RECIPE (!) Mexican Slow Cooker Carnitas – hello easy-peasy night before Thanksgiving street taco style supper
- RECIPE (!) Borracho Beans – to go alongside the Carnitas
- RECIPE (!) Cheesy Mushroom Baked Pumpkin Dip – Wow-just-Wow
- RECIPE (!) Breakfast Casserole – Brunch the morning after
- FROZEN SECTION Monkey Bread – Amazingly delish
- Hello Walk Down Memory Lane – Nostalgic 1970s + 1980s Television Commercial Compilation
SHOUT OUT TO OUR WONDERFUL TEACHERS
- A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others. ~ unknown
- Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition. ~ Jacques Barzun
- A good teacher is a master of simplification and an enemy of simplism. ~ Louis A Berman
- We expect our teachers to handle teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, and the failings of the family. Then we expect them to educate our children. ~ John Sculley
- Teaching is leaving a vestige of one self in the development of another. And surely the student is a bank where you can deposit your most precious treasures.
~ Eugene P. Bertin
- The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. ~ William Arthur Ward
- I hear and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand. ~ Chinese Proverb
- Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon. ~ E.M. Forster
- Teachers should guide without dictating, and participate without dominating. ~ C.B. Neblette
- The job of an educator is to teach students to see the vitality in themselves. ~ Joseph Campbell