Greetings. It’s a Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious? I’m undecided. Ha!
I was wondering where this whole Friday the 13th superstition originated … found this interesting piece … Friday the 13th origins
4 pics below :
- Check out the collection of turquoise rings several of my friends (Leigh Ann, LaDonna and Connie) were sporting. Just WOW! They were getting ready to travel to Fort Worth for a shopping spree and birthday celebration.
- 505 Hatch green chile salsa in a jar. 505 is New Mexico’s area code. This salsa is incredibly good. I found it here – believe it or not – Wal-Mart. See if you can find it. No disappointment, for sure.
- Well, Rubber tree plant showed signs of recovering way down deep. Tiny new growth! I attribute that to still watering it with fertilizer (thanks, Charlie, from Earthtones) and the red twinkle lights on at Christmas. So, I put the red twinkle lights back on and I found a fun strand of bird lights too! Grow, Baby, Grow! That’s Kidd-the-Cat checking it out. He gave it his approval. Ha!
- A pic from my friend, Rick, outta Georgia. He text, “Found some nice eats in the woods today. Hope all is well with you.” Aren’t the mushrooms beautiful? Pieces of nature edible art at its finest!
WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO YOUR HEART?
This is a 2 thumbs up hot melt sandwich. Make it old school – like grilled cheese in a skillet – or a panini machine press. So really, really good!
- Great sliced bread – think sourdough or country white bread from a bakery
- cream cheese
- Thinly sliced smoked ham, deli
- Cooked bacon, crumbled
- Swiss cheese
- BBQ sauce
- lettuce / salt and peppered tomato slices / red onion
Mayo one side/slice of the sandwich. Cream cheese the other.
Put cooked bacon crumbles on the cream cheese side (because it’ll stick best on this side)
Add sliced, smoked ham to both sides.
Drizzle favorite BBQ sauce over the ham
Now layer on top of ham – slices of Swiss cheese.
Close up the sandwich and grill in a skillet or press in a Panini machine.
When bread has toasted and ham, bacon, cream cheese, Swiss cheese has perfectly melted with one another …
Remove sandwich and gently open it. Add slices of fresh tomato, thin sliced, red onion, thinly sliced – and last – tiny pieces of lettuce.
Close the sandwich, slice in half, put on a plate(s) and serve with a handful of favorite chips!
~ Hippie Cowboy recipe box
MUSIC TO YOUR EARS
FATE WHISPERS TO THE WARRIOR,
“You cannot withstand the Storm.”
THE WARRIOR WHISPERS BACK,
“I am the Storm.”
have a great weekend