HELLO SPECTACULAR READERS
from Cheryl Clarson
Presenting Friday September 29 Episode. Welcome.
Have a great line up today!
Beginning with the pics:
Peppers and Papayas. That’s a lot of fun to say. I feel stuffed peppers for dinner in my future!
The coolest, thriving mass planting of horse-tail reed I’ve ever seen. This is a small picture piece of how this planting was growing at a Hyatt Regency resort here in Texas. It was at least 2 blocks long. Spectacular. Impressive. I LOVE this plant. Yes, it’s invasive (think bamboo) but it’s such a cool plant kept under watch. I have several at my home – but in planters, so they don’t wander where they please.
Sandwich pic – I think we’ll name it the ham-zing-a-roonie! This sandwich is delicious! How to assemble it is in this episode. Make it. Doubt you’ll be disappointed. I know I’m not and those I have made it for either.
First retail Christmas sighting in mid-September. *Sigh* Bull-dozing Halloween and Thanksgiving like the 2 holidays are not all that … important.
Quick Question – funniest sounding instrument to me would be the silly little plastic, wooden looking flute-like things – called recorders (recycled year to year – child to child – *gasp*) that we all played when I was a kid in grade school during music class – I’d give a hundred bucks or more to have a video with audio on how that all looked and sounded — all of us kids not doing so well, as far as playing in unison, but blowing into the recorders with intensity!
God Bless the music teachers!
Pretty sure that would totally make the top 5 of America’s Funniest something !
That – and a serious instrument with the funniest sound would be the tuba. I’m not sure the tuba could be a one-man-show. Ha! You?
STEPHANIE’S CHIC ON THE CHEAP tips for getting our Fall basics in order is spot on! I’m checking my closet to make sure I’ve got all.
AND! Laundering tennis shoes in the dishwasher as opposed to the washing machine. Hello huge insider info!
My tennis shoes will never see the inside of a washing machine ever again.
Stephanie knows what all of us wanna know and she shares it here on Daymaker! Hat Tip, Steph!
The 5 songs today are toe-tappers and may just stick with you the rest of the weekend. Hope you have time to give them a listen.
Thanks for sliding by today, friends. Grateful.
WHICH INSTRUMENT HAS THE FUNNIEST SOUND?
CHIC ON THE CHEAP
FALL ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR WARDROBE
Fall is around the corner and I want to have my Fall clothing basics ready when it gets here.
They are quality basic pieces that make the whole outfit!
Having the right reliable items really lets your statement pieces shine. And – makes getting dressed every day much easier.
Here they are:
- A great white short sleeve t-shirt and white tank top for layering. (( click here for idea – visual aid – of a great t-shirt ))
- A pair of classic jeans that will work with everything. I recommend a pair of high waist jeans with a straight fit throughout. Not quite a wide leg and not quite a boot cut. The jeans can be dressed up or worn casually. (( click here for idea – visual aid – of a classic jean ))
- Quality thick black leggings or faux leather leggings. They’re super cute with your favorite tennis shoes or black ankle boots. (( click here for idea – visual aid – of leggings ))
- Wide-leg trousers. They always look classy no matter what you pair with them. (( click here for idea – visual aid of wide-leg trousers ))
- A button down shirt. You can wear a button down shirt under or on top of several pieces from your wardrobe. Tie the shirt at the waist for a laid back vibe or tuck it in to any skirt or pant. (( click here for idea – visual aid of button down shirt ))
- A pull-over sweater. I prefer a V-Neck style myself. Great for layering or worn alone.
- A relaxed blazer. A cool blazer goes with everything and you’ll be surprised how often you grab that blazer when you want to polish up your look a bit. Choose your color – black, camel or navy. (( click here for idea – visual aid – of a relaxed blazer ))
- A leather jacket. Real or faux. Always a perfect go-to-piece. Whether it’s waist length, hip length or right around the knee length.
- A solid color long-sleeve slip dress. Perfect with tennis shoes, boots or those sexy high heels!
- A crisp white pair of sneakers. (( PRO TIP: I keep mine white by placing them on the glass holder rack of my dishwasher. They don’t get knocked around and torn up like they will in a washing machine. ))
All of these pieces are classics and will never go out of style.
Can’t wait for Fall!
~ Questions for Steph regarding where to purchase, etc … post a comment in this episode!
HERE’S HOW WE ASSEMBLE IT:
- MARBLE RYE BREAD
- GENEROUS SLATHERING OF MAYO ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BREAD
- LAYERS OF GREAT, QUALITY DELI HAM
- THINLY SLICED RED (PURPLE) ONION
- THINLY SLICED CUCUMBER
- DILL PICKLE SLICES
- DELI SLICES OF FONTINA CHEESE
- RIPE TOMATO SLICED FOR A SANDWICH
- SHREDDED PIECES OF BUTTER LETTUCE
- THIN SLICED BANANA PEPPERS
Layer all the fixin’s on the bread and close it up – ready to serve. Add a handful of chips and lunch or a light dinner is ON!