Greetings Friends and happy Friday before Father’s day Sunday.
Happy Father’s Day to all the special men in our lives – here or gone before us.
My quick Question ANSWERS:
As kids, my sisters and I would often exclaim, “That’s not fair.” My dad always replied, “Life isn’t fair.”
And sometimes I would just be exasperated about something difficult. My dad would say, “If it was easy — everyone would be doing it.”
My Grandpa – in his later years with Parkinson’s disease – I’ll never forget – said, “If at the end of your life you can count on one hand friends who you could call in the middle of the night and say, ‘I need you.’ And that friend says, ‘Where are you? I’m on my way.'”
As opposed to friend saying, “What’s going on?”
You’ve lived a full life, Cheryl.”
Isn’t that beautiful and spot on?
Dixie says that her father, Jack, is a silent type. His eyes convey words. She could always tell by his eyes if he was disappointed or happy. ‘nough said …
What are your memory/answers?
Dragon Slayer sandwich is so so so good!
Couldn’t help putting in the humor of Why It’s Great To Be a Guy. Funny truth.
5 songs selected for today – are close to my heart. Hope you’ve got a few to give it a listen.
Thanks. For. Being. Here. Today. And giving us a read and your thoughts and a listen. Blessings all!
PICTURE LINE UP:
REMEMBERING MY DAD, JERRY FITZSIMMONS, on Father’s Day.
JACK BOSTICK – DIXIE’S DAD – Happy Father’s Day!
REMEMBERING MY GRANDFATHER, LEON MILLER, who was very much of a father figure in my world and my sisters on Father’s Day.
HUNTER, MY SON, father to my grandchildren – ELIZABETH AND MALACHI – an amazing dad. Happy Father’s Day, Hunter! Super proud of you.
WHAT’S ONE OF YOUR DAD’S FAVORITE QUOTES YOU REMEMBER HIM SAYING OVER AND OVER?
A FEW TRUTHS OF WHY IT’S GREAT TO BE A GUY
- Phone conversations last 30 seconds
- A 5 day vacation requires only one suitcase
- Bathroom lines are 80% shorter
- Old friends don’t care if you’ve lost or gained weight
- You can go to the restroom without a support group
- You can leave a hotel room with the bed unmade
- You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness
- You can be showered and ready in 10 minutes
- You can open all your own jars
- If someone forgets to invite you to something — they’re still your friend
- You can whip off your shirt on a hot day
- You don’t care if someone doesn’t notice your new hair cut
- Car mechanics + handymen + technicians tell you the truth
- Your underwear costs 10 bucks for a three pack
- Never have to worry about runs in your nylons or smeared mascara
- You don’t ask “Does this outfit make me look fat?”
- The garage is all yours!
- None of your co-workers have the power to make you cry
- You never have to worry about other people’s feelings
- Gray hair and wrinkles add character
- There is always a game on somewhere
DRAGON SLAYER SANDWICH
This sandwich is fantastic and def a man-wich sort of greatness.
HERE’S HOW WE PUT IT TOGETHER:
- A really great soft bread (think baguette kinda bread)
- Deli Ham, sliced thin
- Deli Turkey, sliced thin
- Deli pepperoni, sliced thin
- Monterey jack cheese, sliced thin
- Swiss Cheese, sliced thin
- Fresh sliced tomatoes
- Thinly sliced red onion
SLICE OPEN YOUR BREAD AND MAYO ONE SIDE AND VINAIGRETTE THE OTHER SIDE.
LAYER ON HAM, TURKEY, PEPPERONI ON ONE SIDE.
CHEESES + VEGGIES GO ON THE OTHER SIDE.
CLOSE IT UP AND SERVE!
By all means add, should you choose:
- Deli Roast Beef
~ Hippie Cowboy Recipe box