FUN, FROLIC, A FEW THINGS TO THINK ABOUT AND A BIT OF LOVE ON THIS MONDAY.
Greetings Readers (!)
It’s Monday, the 2nd day of October! Months are flying by for sure.
Cool art illustration today is from the cover of Life Magazine, October 26 , 1911. Count forward from 1911 to 2023. That’s a bit of a count. It’s a beautiful, timeless, old school piece of art.
Collected these fabulous finds today for enjoyment:
I’d have to say my favorite new word added to the official dictionary in the month of September would be — Jump Scare. Instead of “Punked ya” or “Boo” — new phrase I’ll be using — Just “Jump Scared” ya.
These fields of corn are race-ready for fun maze exploration AND have walking path adventure ready for all who enter!
Small screened in porch ideas are super cool. I have friends who will love these ideas! Maybe, you, too.
Don’t recall if I even put a caption in my high school yearbook – but Sigourney’s rocks. Pretty sure she got her wish. Nothing ordinary about her – she is an extraordinary actress/talented human being. Hat tip!
Genius cooking hacks — all are very valuable information to me. Gotta say my favorite might be adding anchovies ?? I’m a believer. The recipe I’ve shared in a previous post for Daddy-O’s B-B-Q sauce calls for anchovies. Not many of those tiny little things outta the tin can – just a few and their addition to the mix makes all the difference in the taste. Best B-B-Q sauce recipe ever!
Recipe for Fall Apple Slaw will be on repeat in this house!
Another cookie recipe is not necessarily something that catches my attention — but this one totally does!!
And the super quick Johnny Carson clip is humorous and precious all at the same time! See the handler kiss the little darling after she takes him from the top of Johnny’s head. And when he asks the question, “Was that saliva?” HAhahaha
- Words recently added to Merriam Webster dictionary – who knew more and more words are continuously added? I didn’t. Makes sense – I just never really thought about it.
- Good Luck finding your way out of these elaborate corn field mazes. WOW! Check out these classics out you may or not remember … Top 5 movies with cornfields
- 28 small screened in porch ideas – all are super cool.
- ohhhh, noooo! 600,000 gallons of red wine go into the ground and streets !
- Wish I had been this clever as a high school graduating student to have thought/written this quote in the yearbook !! Kudos to Sigourney Weaver – talented actress of so many movies we have seen and enjoyed. Undoubtedly, her wish was granted!
- Genius Secret ingredient kitchen cooking hacks
- RECIPE! Fall Apple Slaw
- RECIPE! Stuffed Garlic Bread
- RECIPE! Pumpkin | Oatmeal | Chocolate Chip cookies – these cookies sound & look outstanding! Bet they taste even better than outstanding!
- A super quick clip that’s short, sweet and hilarious!
THE QUEEN, THE PRESIDENT AND THE FLATULENT HORSE
At Heathrow Airport in England, a 300′ red carpet was stretched out to Air Force One and, the then, President strode to a warm but dignified handshake from the Queen. They rode in a silver 1934 Bentley to the edge of central London where they boarded an open 17th century coach hitched to 6 magnificent white horses. As they rode toward Buckingham Palace, each looking to their side waving to the thousands of Britons lining the streets, all was going well.
It was indeed a glorious display of pageantry and dignity. Suddenly the scene was shattered when the right rear horse let rip a horrendous, earth-shattering, eye-smarting blast of flatulence, and the coach immediately filled with noxious fumes.
Uncomfortable, but maintaining control, the two dignitaries did their best to ignore the whole incident, but then the Queen decided that was a ridiculous manner with which to handle a most embarrassing situation.
She turned to the president and explained, “Mr. President, please accept my regrets. I’m sure you understand that there are some things even a Queen can’t control.”
The President, being a gentleman and humorous, replied, “Your Majesty, please don’t give the matter another thought. You know, if you hadn’t said something I would have assumed it was one of the horses.”
This hilarious piece is, of course, not true. Just a funny email that circulated years ago and went viral. Enjoy the laugh!
We so appreciate you giving us a little piece of your day to enjoy our Monday read. Grateful.